Monday, May 7, 2007

A Glimpse of Truth And Light

The ever pounding sound of my heart filled my ears and echoed loudly through my mind. My head was sore and heavy as I woke up from what seemed to be a deep slumber. Struggling to regain my balance, my eyes tried to adjust to the darkness around me.

A crack of light was visible a distance. Wanting to get closer, I moved my aching limbs slowly feeling my way towards this ray of hope.

While I inched my way across this dark devoid. The earth crumbled under my weight, caving into a bottomless pit with walls glowing red like fire. As I fell into this pit, I fell into a deep eternity with great uncertainty. Images of my past flashed and danced across the luminous walls around me. My sadness and my sorrows… My hurts and my pains… My pride and my jealousy… My anger and my hatred… All my sins and shame invaded my eyes everywhere I looked.

No, this can’t be me… How could such a person ever be me?...

Out of disgust, I closed my eyes trying to deny all that I have seen. But I see all the same as the images continued to play in my mind. Haunting my every thought as tears of guilt flowed uncontrollably form the very eyes that had led me to sin time and again.

A voice called out to me from above the pit. A faint white light could be seen from where the voice came from. Deep down within my heart, I could recognize it. “Help me please... I don’t want any of this anymore!!...” I cried out as I stretched my hand out towards it.

The light grew brighter and brighter surrounding me, outshining the horrid illuminations of the walls. Everything around me became white, pure and untainted. My heart was overwhelmed with tremendous peace and joy. “Why did you choose to save me?” I asked as I looked up at the radiant light. Instantly, the light grew into a blinding flash which forced me to close my eyes.

A warm breeze swept over me, and chirping of birds can be heard far above. A vast meadow teeming with flowers greeted me as I opened my eyes. Warm sunlight shone through the heavens bringing life to everything it falls upon as I found myself sitting under a huge tree.

I looked around as my mind wandered about what took place earlier, and then my gaze fell upon my right hand. Grasped within it was a cross.

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1 : 9)


By the Wandering Minstrel,

Rong Tau

No comments:

Melodies of The Soul