Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bride in Dreams

Light rays of a myriad of colours scattered across the sanctuary, as the bright sunlight filtered through the enchanting stained glass windows. At the entrance of the almost crowded sanctuary stood a woman, elegantly clothed in the most stunning bridal gown I have ever seen.

She had stolen the attention of everyone there; her radiance captivated the hearts of all who set their eyes upon her. Slowly she walked down the aisle passing the countless rows of pews towards the altar, where I stood with mixed feelings of happiness and nervousness.

I caught a glimpse of her gentle yet lovely smile through the translucent veil crowned on her. Her beauty was beyond compare, just as every girl would wish for themselves on an auspicious day such as this.

For at least in my eyes she is the most beautiful person which ever existed.
For at least that is how it is in the fragments of dreams recollected in my mind.

Just like everyone else, she was once a little child. She must have been through a lot in her life, so much that I can only imagine. Was her childhood a happy one? Was her past as painful as mine? How much happiness has she experienced? How much pain has she suffered? In becoming the wonderful person that she is.

All my life I had been looking for her, and I’m still searching. Not knowing if she is already in my life, or is she far away. At this point in time, I can’t help but wander if I would ever deserve her, or does she deserve much better. I can’t help but ponder if I would ever be good enough for her, or would I fail to meet any of her expectations. I can’t help but worry if I could ever bring her happiness, or would I just add to her hardships. Most of all, I can’t help but question if I would ever meet her, or would she just remain a Bride in Dreams.

How long more will I have to wait till fate brings us together? Or perhaps how long more will I have to wait till God reveals her to me. All that I do not know, but I am certain that in His time, all will be fine.


By the Wandering Minstrel,

Rong Tau

No comments:

Melodies of The Soul