Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Education & My Future

Finally, after duration too long to remember, I've gotten my internet access fixed! Hurray!..

I guess..

The past few months have really been a time of discovery for me. I have been exposed to many a thing that I can never hope to ever learn in my classes as an I.T. student. With the beginning of my final year, I can expect things to be very much tougher in my studies, but yet I remain not bothered about it.

Yea, I admit, I am very lazy, always procrastinating, always believing that everything will be fine. Because I know I can handle it, I know I will not fail. Sure, that worked out fine and dandy in my early years of college, but things are not that easy anymore. Putting things off will just result in bad grades, speaking of which, I've just blown my chance of graduating with first class honours. Wow, how did that happen? Because I just could not care any lesser about my studies anymore. You may ask, "Hey, it’s your future, why are you throwing it all away?" Well, it’s all because my dreams are not real enough for me..

I have spent so many years studying, studying my whole life ever since I knew how to speak. Let’s just say that studying got a little dull for me, my life in school is just so very dry...

"Study hard and get a good job so you get a good pay!" That is what almost every parent will say to their kids. Yes, education is indeed very important, I do agree with that. But in the recent few months, I have come to realize that there is so much more that I can do rather than graduate and work my whole life away in a company with high demand and very little freedom.

Let’s face it, everyone needs to earn money to support them, but not everyone knows that working for other people is not the only way. There might be jobs with high pay, yes, if you study well and perform well, people headhunt you to offer you very fat pay checks. But at the end of the day, that is just another prison.

An average worker wakes up early in the morning, prepares for work, get stuck in traffic jams for long hours just to get to office on time; so that they will not be penalized or their pay checks do not get thinner. In work, they have to perform well under the pressure and stress from employers in order to again not be penalized or subjected to a thinner pay check. After work, hopefully without doing overtime, they will again be caught in a traffic jam for long hours just to get home for dinner. With such a hectic day, most individuals will usually be drained from work. All that is left for them is the meagre few hours of the night to spend with their families before they call it a night and go to bed to prepare for the next day. And thus the never ending cycle continues...

Well, believe it or not, lots of people have gotten so used to that life cycle that it has became a norm. They get so comfortable with that lifestyle till the point where they fear to venture out from that rat race!

Is that what I really want in life? Ya, sure, I'll get promotions along the way, earn more money and get to do what I want “then”. The question is, when is "then"? In a job, you are bound by the job; you cannot go off whenever you wish. As for me, I love to travel, I have been dreaming to travel to far off places to see and experience the beauty of the different countries in our little planet we call earth. But I will probably be able to do that when I am 40 - 50? That is just way too long for me.

Okay, so maybe I’m not too optimistic about getting a job, but it is not just me. Honestly, I am drawn to making money, mainly because, being a student I do not have much to spend and there are so many things out there that I wish to buy, which sadly are ridiculously over priced. With that, I had always been on the lookout for opportunities to earn money. So one day, I came to know of a multi level marketing business (MLM) which offers a lot of money, as long as you are determined to work for it, the riches will come. And really, it does come; you will be generously rewarded for your efforts, no kidding.

So there I was, at their meetings, sitting in the midst of many people from different backgrounds holding different occupations. It is surprising to see what kind of people are there, I have met doctors, engineers, lawyers, businessmen, accountants, managers, all sorts of highly educated people there, and of course, there are the not so educated as well. Hey, everyone wants to earn money right? But what are professionals doing there? Are they not paid enough that they want to be involved in direct selling? Don’t they have better things to do with their time?
The truth is, they are not free, no matter what profession they are in, no matter how high in position they are, it is in fact, just another prison, a more luxurious prison...

While I was at the meetings, these people shared their experience with me, and I have learnt plenty. I can say that all of them are looking for one thing, financial freedom; freedom to do whatever they want, whenever they want. Thanks to them, I have learnt to dream again, because a person’s dream is a motivating factor for a person to succeed and to strife for the better. This time, my dream is rock solid, I know what I really want in life, and it is no longer just a far off dream. I know for sure, it is possible to achieve...

Though how to get there, I still do not know, but I am not without options, I am still evaluating the best means for me to achieve it. There are many businesses out there that I can venture into, the more I am exposed to things like these, the more I will learn. It is best to keep an open mind and try to understand things rather than being a sceptic. But most importantly, I now need to know how money works. I do not want to trade time for money like many other individuals, I want to use money to make money...

A bit hard to understand isn’t it? But hey, everyone has 24 hours, so how come some people are so rich?.. And some so poor?..

Anyway, after saying all that, I still need to get my priorities right, my parents invested in my studies therefore, I must produce results. Even though now I have decided against taking a 9 – 5 job, it is still my obligation to study well to obtain a degree. Besides, I also wish for them to be proud of me. Other than that, I want to live my everyday life as like how a leader would; in my every conduct, I want to be an example to the others around me. It is of utmost importance because being a leader and being a follower are two very different things. I have learnt that if I want to be successful, I must be a leader. Therefore, I will groom myself to be the best that I can be.

May God so help me...

No comments:

Melodies of The Soul